Asics GEL-ZARACA 5 Women's Running
Kick-start your running routine in the new Asics GEL-ZARACA 5 running shoe which features characteristics adopted from Asics' speed range. The upper has been redesigned from that of its predecessors to increase the mesh coverage, and in doing so make the shoe more breathable and comfortable. Offering a natural running style but still a good deal of cushioning and protection, the GEL-ZARACA 5 functions well as a transition shoe for those wishing to try out natural running in a shoe that is more versatile and protective than other natural running trainers on the market.
Breathable Mesh Upper
The GEL-ZARACA 5's new full seamless mesh upper offers generous breathability: its mesh construction allows for hot air to leave the shoe, and cool air to flood in, which helps to create a more comfortable internal environment for the wearer. Synthetic overlays stabilise the foot and minimise the strain and torsion on the upper to provide more support than your average natural running shoe. For stability and comfort, the upper is stitched around an EVA board and directly attached to the midsole.
The inside of the upper features padding within the tongue and on the heel collar. The addition of a Comfordry™ Sockliner offers maximum cushioning and moisture wicking properties, leaving your feet feeling, cool, dry and comfortable, while eliminating odours through the sockliner's anti-bacterial properties. The sockliner is removable, and can be replaced by an orthotic insert to provide extra support. Reflective elements complete the upper to provide high visibility during low light training sessions.
The GEL-Zaraca 5's midsole is designed to be lightweight yet also functional. An EVA foam midsole is incorporated into the design, which features vital flex folding grooves. These grooves help to absorb impacts and disperse them across the platform for a smooth transition through the gait cycle. Working alongside the EVA flex technology, rearfoot GEL inserts composed of a silicone-based cushioning system meet the needs of both professional and recreational athletes. The rearfoot GEL pod provides cushioning in all directions, absorbs impact forces and helps to stabilise the foot during heel contact, resulting in a smoother ride and less stress being placed upon the wearer's joints.
Asics High Abrasion Rubber+ (AHAR®) is incorporated into the design of the ZARACA 5's outsole. AHAR+® is more lightweight than AHAR®, but offers the same benefits: superb traction, and three times more durability than Asics' standard rubber. AHAR+® is strategically placed in high stress areas of the outsole to provide more durability and increase the shoes' lifespan. The outsole also features blown rubber, which provides extra cushioning, giving this shoe a smooth, comfortable ride.
- ***New*** Redesigned Mesh Upper - For enhanced breathability and comfort.
- Lightweight and Breathable Mesh Upper - Helps keep your feet cool and gives you a perfect fit with the 360 degree overlays.
- Removable ComforDry™ Sockliner - Provides comfort and moisture wicking qualities, as well as anti-bacterial protection.
- California Slip Lasting - This upper is stitched around the EVA board and directly attached to the midsole for better stability and ultimate comfort.
- EVA Flex Midsole - Absorbs shock for a smooth transition through the gait cycle and increased comfort.
- Rearfoot GEL - Provides cushioning in all directions, as well as shock absorption.
- Asics High Abrasion Rubber (AHAR®) - Extremely durable and offers high traction on multiple surfaces.
- 3M Reflective Elements - Keep you visible whilst training in low-light.